We are seeking a motivated, playful and engaged person to work casually as a Nature Mentor & Playworker with our innovative and unique forest school on the Gold Coast. Birdwings Forest School have forged new ground in Australian early childhood nature play, and offers a variety of nature immersion programs for children and families. The position is a lead role in our Little Birdwings Forest School program, 1 day per week, and we require a very special person to join our team within this program. We are looking for a person with the following qualities and interests:
- Playful disposition and a sense of adventure
- Interest in a holistic connection to nature
- Significant experience working in early childhood.
- Significant experience working in wild nature with children.
- Knowledge and/or experience of both Playworking and Forest school ethos.
- Commitment to ongoing Reconciliation practices and Anti-Bias principles in early childhood.
- Comfortable with risky play and supporting children with learning for independence.
- Moderate level of fitness to meet challenges of a full-day of immersion in wild nature.
- Experience working in a service that supports an emergent curriculum approach to learning.
This person will hold the following current qualifications:
- Diploma in early childhood education and care
- First aid certificate
- Child protection certificate
- Blue card
This position will suit someone who has moderate fitness, enjoys being outdoors and is flexible with their time. We can confidently say that there is nothing like Birdwings, and our approach to early childhood education, and to forest school and nature play, is very unique. Please read through our blog posts, our facebook posts and listen to our podcast to get a sense of the type of adventures you’ll have if you work with us.
For full job description and details about the position please apply using the form below.